Friday, August 5, 2011

Times Runnin' Out!

I have so many stories and experiences to tell regarding just this ONE travel trailer that we've owned for a wee two months. I still have our whole second journey to tell. But today I decided that I needed a quick progress pic of our 12 hour day yesterday. We leave next week for a week long Yellowstone trip but only have 48 hours with hubby home to tackle large fixes. Okay, maybe two pics...an overall pic kinda showing an in-progress of before...And one showing what we ended up at the end of the day before tarping it up for the night...Not too different looking is it?? I'm going to show the step-by-step process on how we accomplished this, but to give you a quick version, black water tank was replaced, floor was soft, didn't want to reinstall toilet on soft floor, tore out back end, opened Costco-size 'can of worms'.

However, if you're too excited to wait for my step-by-step tutorial, you can check out Mobiltecs YouTube videos on his '58 Deville Travel Trailer Renovation (series list link). He has done an AWESOME job walking the viewer through his renovation (and Mobiltec, if you're looking at that picture, yes it's half-assed because we only have 48 hours to accomplish something before our Yellowstone trip!). I'm only on YouTube video part 16 and I've learned enough to tackle this back corner of our trailer, well, with hubby's help of course. The long version of why and how is to come, but after the story of our second journey. All to come soon...very soon.


Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment