Tomorrow is a huge turning point for this entire trailer process. The decision to continue with it or hold off for some time will have been made by the end of the day. We don't have the trailer with us today and were unable to make any progress on it, tomorrow will be day 25 if we work on it. We're suppose to be leaving this Wednesday for a cousin's graduation then 5 days in the Olympic National Forest. Will we??? For now...on to the flooring...
Once everything had been completely removed from the trailer, we were finally able to assess the damage. 1/4 of the floor was pretty rotted, we learned this AFTER the fact. The two front corners along the front wall were REALLY rotted. But the rest was actually in pretty decent condition. Looking back, I really do wonder if we could have left this as a front end project instead of a full-on-gutting-it project. Oh well, now we know.
So again...day 3 (and I believe day 4)...we removed a 4'x8' section of flooring, removed pink insulation, shop vac'ed crud out, painted bottom 2x2's with a wood hardener (surprisingly they were not rotted, but could use a little love), patched any holes that may have occurred in the bottom metal, filled back in with rigid insulation, measured area's exact dimensions and cut new 3/4" plywood to shape, before laying in place we painted it with 2 layers of Killz paint (a preventative measure I guess...again, just going with hubby's plan), laid it in place, nailed in good. Phew! 2 days just to do ALL that!
Day 3: hubby 8, me 5, Total=13
Day 4: hubby 5, me 3, Total=8
Day 5: hubby 5, me 0, friend 5, Total=10
Day 6: hubby 9, me 7, Total=16
Money Spent: (who knows, I haven't even added that yet)
Here's what we had to pay for:
(3) sheets 3/4" plywood
(3) sheets 1.5" thick rigid foam insulation
Large bolts, nuts & washers that holds entire trailer to the floor & trailer frame
Killz (this may have been leftover from a previous project)